Rule 1: Always post the rules
Rule 2: Answer the questions the person who tagged you asked and come up with 11 new ones
Rule 3: Tag 12 people and link them to the post
Rule 4: Actually tell them you tagged them.
1. What’s your favorite band, not of all time, but of this specific moment?
Uhh… Hmm… Oh! I’ve been enjoying Caravan Palace quite a bit lately. :-D
2. If you had to select two persons, living or dead, to represent your shoulder angel and your shoulder demon respectively, who would they be?
Emperor Norton and… Nope, just Emperor Norton. He can be my shoulder… buddy. It’ll be fantastic.
3. What’s your favorite underloved fandom that nobody knows about, and why should I, assuming I’m not already in this fandom, become a part of it?
Ha haaaa, the MacDonald Hall series by Gordon Korman of course! Does such a question even need to be asked?
4. What’s the last book you read, and would you recommend it?
The Clocks, by Agatha Christie. Yeah, it was okay. I figured out a major plot point miles ahead of the characters though, so that was a little frustrating.
5. What movie are you most looking forward to seeing right now?
Actually I just got back from looking through all the new trailers up on the apple website. Hm, Saving Mr. Banks looks interesting.
6. When you write, do you prefer third-person or first-person?
Third-person. Man, I haven’t attempted a first-person narrative voice since… Huh! Since before I started participating in NaNoWriMo eight years ago! The two books before that were both in first-person. I hadn’t really noticed the switch!
7. Complain about a pet peeve of yours. Go on, I’m listening.
Agh, the sense of ownership and entitlement that people automatically have toward celebrities. They are NOT your TOYS.
8. Favorite Beatle? (I need to know this for the good of science.)
Hmm! I don’t know the Beatles as intimately as you do, Alien-Arden, having only listened to their music, seen Yellow Submarine (numerous times), HELP! and the tantalizing bits of LOVE that appeared in Cirque Du Soleil: Worlds Away. But I think I’m going to go with Ringo. He did have a stint as Mr. Conductor, after all. :-D
9. Coffee or tea?
Oh, neither. I’m sorry. XD If I haaave to choose, let it be tea.
10. Dig up a quote you like from somewhere. Any quote.
Bicky rocked, like a jelly in a high wind.
- P. G. Wodehouse (but I don’t know which story it’s from!)
11. And lastly, proclaim your Bronte sister allegiance! Come on,everyone knows you can only like one.
Honestly, I don’t have much time for either Jane Eyre OR Wuthering Heights (and I’m not at all familiar with what Anne wrote, so can’t comment!). I’ve found that I can’t hack a lot of the classic chick-lit that’s out there… The Brontes… Baroness Orczy*… Jane Austen (that’s right I said it!)… I just… I don’t know… Give me Dickens! Give me Twain! Give me Wodehouse! And I’m sure there are some first-rate female classic authors I’ve yet to discover (Does Harper Lee count as a classic author??).
*Though let me make it clear that I absolutely LOVE the Scarlet Pimpernel story. It’s just… well, her writing. Her writing! Haaah… I just find it hard to push through. >_<
Okay! Time for my questions:
1. Tell me about your Imaginary Friend(s)
2. Who would win - The Matterhorn, or the Great Barrier Reef?
3. Do you remember the first chapter book you read on your own?
4. In only two sentences, pitch me an idea for a TV show that’s fresh and inventive!
5. What’s your middle name? (mine’s Danger)
6. What movie - or part of a movie - did you HATE as a kid?
7. Do you have any strange little rituals or quirks that you’ve never mentioned to anyone cause you’re barely aware of them yourself? (for instance, I mentally say “hi,” every time I pass a manhole, just so whatever sewer-dwelling mole-men my city might happen to have will know I care)
8. Ever hosted an event somewhere other than your house?
9. You and a crack team of literary characters must travel through time repairing paradoxes until you’ve paid off your student loan ($12 an hour to start, but the pay goes up incrementally every year). Which five characters did you recruit?
10. Did you notice there was no question 13? Did you go back and check if there was a question 13??
11. Where is fancy bread?